July 25, 2020
To the following Members of Parliament:
- M.P. Kody Blois, Kings—Hants: Kody.Blois@parl.gc.ca
- M.P. Lenore Zann, Cumberland—Colchester: Lenore.Zann@parl.gc.ca
- M.P. Darren Fisher, Dartmouth—Cole Harbour: Darren.Fisher@parl.gc.ca
- M.P. Mike Kelloway, Cape Breton—Canso: Mike.Kelloway@parl.gc.ca
- M.P. Andy Fillmore, Halifax: Andy.Fillmore@parl.gc.ca
- M.P. Darrell Samson, Sackville—Preston—Chezzetcook: Darrell.Samson@parl.gc.ca
- HON. Geoff Regan, Halifax West: Geoff.Regan@parl.gc.ca
- Hon. Bernadette Jordon, South Shore—St. Margarets: Bernadette.Jordan@parl.gc.ca
- M.P. Jamie Battiste, Sydney-Victoria: Jaime.Battiste@parl.gc.ca
- M.P. Sean Fraser, Central Nova: Sean.Fraser@parl.gc.ca
Ten Liberal Members of Parliament were elected in this province of Nova Scotia, all signed this statement (attached) alleging there is a “feminists analysis” in the review process for the NS mass shooting. There is no evidence to back your statement. Neither in Min. Bill Blair or Min. Mark Furey’s release of the review mandate on July 23rd, nor in the independent review panelist statement referred to the terminology of the inclusion of a “feminist analysis.”
We are asking that you as Members of Parliament either retract your statement that the review includes a “feminist analysis” or provide us with the written evidence that a “feminist analysis” is included in the federal provincial review mandate.
NS Feminists Fighting Femicide (FFF)
With a special thanks to our generous donors who make publication of the Nova Scotia Advocate possible.
Subscribe to the Nova Scotia Advocate weekly digest and never miss an article again. It’s free!