“When we checked around, we noticed that even for more minor regulatory changes the department offers longer comment periods. They also offer discussion documents and information sessions before a notice is posted in the Gazette,” says Sadie Beaton, Community Conservation Research Coordinator at the Ecology Action Centre.
All comments are moderated. Comments that contain even a hint of abuse, unproven allegations or insults or comments that are unnecessarily assertive will not be published. We may decide not to publish your comment just because we don't like the cut of your jib. Just so you know, your right to post comments on the NS Advocate website is NOT protected by Section 2 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Also, we are very strict.
- Unions, management and councillors must be held accountable on workplace racism, says lawyer on
- Kendall Worth: When on Income Assistance you just can’t win on
- We seek justice, nothing special, just the law – Angie Bowden on the racist attack on Nhlanhla Dlamini on
- Paul Jenkinson: Cumberland County’s energy symposium sends the wrong message on fracking on
- Kendall Worth: What people in power need to understand, an open letter to the Standing Committee on Community Services on