The City bylaw that makes tobacco smoking in most public spaces illegal hits poor people and people with mental health issues harder than any other group.
All comments are moderated. Comments that contain even a hint of abuse, unproven allegations or insults or comments that are unnecessarily assertive will not be published. We may decide not to publish your comment just because we don't like the cut of your jib. Just so you know, your right to post comments on the NS Advocate website is NOT protected by Section 2 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Also, we are very strict.
- Halifax Council ban on outside tobacco smoking disproportionately affects poor and marginalized on
- Why talk when nobody listens? Benefit Reform Action Group halts discussions with Community Services on
- Kendall Worth: A helping hand – Community lifts young woman out of poverty on
- More lousy reporting on poverty, this time in the Chronicle Herald on
- Announced poverty reduction tax credit increase for income assistance recipients mostly bullshit on