Zack Metcalfe looks at the feds’ plan to plant 2 billion trees between now and 2030. If you view these 2 billion trees purely from the perspective of carbon, you’ll be disappointed, he writes. But it’s still a sensible thing to do. If we do it right, that is. This is part 1 of a two-part series. Tomorrow, All hail the woods, more about forests, carbon, clearcuts and sustainable forestry. Nothing is ever simple.
News releases and public service announements
All comments are moderated. Comments that contain even a hint of abuse, unproven allegations or insults or comments that are unnecessarily assertive will not be published. We may decide not to publish your comment just because we don't like the cut of your jib. Just so you know, your right to post comments on the NS Advocate website is NOT protected by Section 2 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Also, we are very strict.
- Media release: NSTU – Urgent action needed to keep schools safe during COVID-19 outbreak on
- How to plant two billion trees: Finding utility in a feel-good story on
- Mi’kmaq grassroots women say no to Goldboro LNG man camp on
- People with disabilities assert their rights in the Nova Scotia Court of Appeal on
- Press release: Save Owls Head Facebook group passes 5,000 member-mark on